20th March 2018, Birmingham
Join UKBAA at our forthcoming flagship summit in Birmingham
on Tuesday 20th March 2018.
Why are we hosting a Midlands Summit?
Promote opportunities to invest in the regions innovators and disruptors: UKBAA wants to put the spotlight on the fantastic growth businesses in the Birmingham and Midlands Engine region and will be showcasing some great examples of the region’s innovators and disruptors, together with important case studies of successful entrepreneurial growth stories.
Raise awareness about new investment developments and opportunities for co-investment: The Summit provides an opportunity to hear about the new funds being launched through the Midlands Engine Investment Fund. You will also hear about the wide range of funds offering the opportunity for investment and co-investment and how to engage.
Connect the ecosystem from start-up to scale-up: This event offers the opportunity to create a connected supply chain of finance bringing together key players from across the range of finance sources including angel investors, VCs, Crowdfunding and online platforms, debt and loan providers, as well as corporate investors.
Pitching and Networking
UKBAA is delighted to invite you to hear from some of the regions top growth entrepreneurs at an exclusive pitching event during the conference. Your Summit ticket will include entry to the lunchtime pitching event and to the networking drinks reception at the end should you like to join us.
Join us for breakfast prior to the summit to hear from the appointed Fund Managers of the Midlands Engine Investment Fund presented by British Business Bank, followed by details of the latest initiatives for Access to Finance from start-up to scale-up presented by Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP 10.00-10.45.
- Find out about the latest equity funds being launched through the new Midlands Engine Investment funds and identify new opportunities for investment, co-investment and building growth
- Hear about the latest investment developments, success stories and opportunities across the region from industry thought leaders and experts
- Learn about new initiatives underway to support entrepreneurs and innovation
- See showcases from top growth entrepreneurs, drawn from across the leading sources of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Meet and connect with key players from all parts of the startup and scale-up investment ecosystem – from private investors and VCs to banks and LEPs.
Who should attend?
UKBAA welcomes all players from across the whole business and finance ecosystem to join us:
- Private investors
- Angel groups and syndicates
- Growth entrepreneurs
- Incubators and accelerators
- Private equity
- Professional intermediaries
- National and regional policy stakeholders
- Growth hubs and entrepreneur support networks